Sunday, March 2, 2014

The 'Board' story......

I have to tell you all about the 'board' - stand up paddle board, inflatable style.  Way back in December my friend Nan send me a message about the paddle board she planned to get.  Nan and Steve tried paddle boarding in Hawaii and liked it so much they wanted a board to take to our Baja beach.
So of course I checked it all out and jumped on board (so to speak).  I made arrangements to pick one up at West Marine in Portland on our way south....in the mean time our other friend Jerri decided she really needed a board too, did we have room for two boards???  Yup we can fit it in....Well turns out that it was one of the best investments ever, we tres Amigas have had so much fun!


 Here we are just clowning around on a windy day - the umbrellas make great sails - paddle out and sail back to the beach!

The next adventure was a paddle out to Coyote Island - here we are all packed up and ready to go.Paddles UP!

On our way......
Paddle Paddle Paddle!


Almost there...
Paddles Down.....We have arrived!
The return trip with a stop at fish mouth.


Ok, now that we are sort of experts at this - it's YOGA time!
A little downward dog -

then some cow cat stretches -

More downward dog -


sure I can do tree stand -

triangle post? well


oh oh
maybe triangle pose wasn't such a good idea!


 After all that hard work - time for some play time!  Wake boarding behind a walker bay with a two horse motor!  Fun Fun Fun 

The best of all was the visit from the Whale Shark viewed from the paddle board!!!

 yup, that's my reflection in the top of the picture!  My board is 10' 6" long so you get an idea how big this fish really is.
My new friend Spotty and I going for a little cruise around the bay!
(thanks for these  photos Ramie!)

Not only is the SUP great for exercise, it has been so much fun, and brought so many adventures!



1 comment: