Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The last bit of the trip home!

We are getting settled, unpacked, cleaned up, starting yard work, and getting back on the golf course for Deb...this is the busy time before cruising season starts!

Here are a few pictures to tell the story of our trip home - we had so much fun!

 Somewhere along the way home, Steve, Nan, John, Deb celebrated one last Margarita!  I think this was the last night in the Baja, the day after the trailer fix.....yes we needed to celebrate.


Just to prove we had snow and cold! Minus 8.3'C in Flagstaff Arizona.  Being an innovative Islander I used the only snow shovel available....of course my little plastic "dustpan" broke while I was clearing a walk way out of the trailer.

 These are one of my favourite - Mexican Poppies, aka, Desert Poppy, Prickly Poppy

 Barrel Cactus

Ocotillo

On the way to our arranged meet up with Coyote friends in Page, Arizona we were lucky to spend a few days in The Grand Canyon!  yes it is Grand!  The pictures don't really give the true impression, believe me, it is amazing.
I have always wanted to do this!!!  
Look close to see the Colorado river way way down at the bottom.
 We biked the south rim.


 John standing just a bit too close the the edge, of course, what did you expect.
 the must do! early morning Sunrise over the Grand Canyon....
 Spectacular! don't you think..

another view from the south rim, hard to get perspective with my little camera, it's a long, long way down to the river



No comments:

Post a Comment